Easter activities - including some fluffy chicks - at Hartford Infants School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Hartford Infants School have been cracking up with excitement after nine chicks hatched in the run up to the half-term break.
The pupils have been having fun, drawing and writing about the chicks as well as having the chance to hold them at lunchtimes.
Elsewhere, pupils in their first year at school took to the stage for the first time to perform to parents and staff at the school’s spring concert.
The reception children, aged four and five, sang, danced and played instruments to some Easter songs, including a school favourite, the ‘Spring Chicken’ song.
Teachers Kayleigh Reid and Sophie Legg said they were “thrilled” with the children’s efforts.
You may also want to watch:
To finish the term, children were invited to wear Easter bonnets for the traditional seasonal parade on the school playground.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess