Easter eggs to celebrate children’s artwork
- Credit: Patrick Kadewere
Councillor Patrick Kadewere has rewarded children in the community by giving them an Easter egg.
Councillor Patrick Kadewere gave away free Easter eggs to children in Huntingdon to celebrate their artwork.
The Huntingdon Muslim Community Association collected some eggs to give away for #SadaqaDay2020.
However, due to the coronavirus pandemic this was no longer possible, and Cllr Kadewere decided to give them to children who had sent the Huntingdonshire District Council their artwork, thanking the NHS, emergency services and key workers.
He said: “I had a very busy afternoon dropping them off to Huntingdon’s very own superstar artists.
You may also want to watch:
“We had so many entries that unfortunately we couldn’t give an egg to everyone that sent us pictures, but a huge well done to you all.
“The children in this community have blown us away, congratulations to you all.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“It was quite a challenge to deliver these prizes whilst following the social distancing measures but our wonderful residents were well aware of how to maintain it.”