Earith Bridge will be closed for a few days due to water levels
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been advised to take alternative routes due to the Earith bridge closure.
The Environmental Agency has recommended to Cambridgeshire County Council that they keep the bridge closed as water levels are not expected to drop.
According to the UK River Levels website, the current river level is high at 2.572 metres.
The normal level of the River Great Ouse at Earith in average weather conditions is between 0.50m and 2.42.
The usual range of the River Great Ouse at Earith in more extreme weather conditions is between 0.58m and 2.55m. It has been between these levels for 90 percent of the time since monitoring began.
You may also want to watch:
The highest levels ever recorded at Earith is 3.15m, which was reached in January 2003.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k