Duo taken to hospital after fire spirals out of control in Somersham
- Credit: Archant
Two people were hospitalised after a brazier fire spread to a garden in Somersham.
Fire crews from Chatteris, Ramsey and Huntingdon were called to a property in Harvey Drive at about 7.30pm on Saturday, following reports that a brazier fire had spread to a garden.
The fire had also started to affect the exterior of a house.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters used two hose reels and a jet to extinguish the fire which spread to the guttering and facias of the home. They then returned to their stations by 9.43pm.
“A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, and a female casualty was given oxygen for shock. Both were then taken to hospital by ambulance.”
You may also want to watch:
The injuries are not believed to have been serious.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder