Raid on house in Gamlingay uncovered drugs and cash
- Credit: Archant
Two men are “assisting police with their inquiries” after a raid on a house in Gamlingay under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Acting on information from the public, officers from the South Cambs Neighbourhood Team and Rural Crime Action Team descended on the house in Waresely Road on April 17.
Inside the property they found a small amount of cannabis, cocaine, debt sheets and a large quantity of cash.
Two men, who are in their twenties, were found inside the house and are assisting officers with their enquiries.
Sergeant Rob Taylor, of the South Cambs Neighbourhood Team, said: “This warrant was a direct result of information received from the public.
“The public are often our eyes and ears and it’s vital they continue to report information and concerns to us.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman