Drug dealer who took advantage of vulnerable person in Huntingdon jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who took advantage of a vulnerable person to deal drugs from a property in Huntingdon has been jailed.
Amin Dhere, 22, was arrested following a raid by the Huntingdon police risk management team on an address in Ambury Road on the morning of January 12.
He was found with heroin and crack cocaine on him with a street value of more than £1500.
At the time he was on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs in October last year, again at the home of a vulnerable drug user.
Dhere, of Henry Road, Barnet, travelled to Huntingdon from London to sell drugs and had a street name of Diego.
He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply a class A drug, namely crack cocaine, and possession with intent to supply a class A drug, namely heroin, at Peterborough Crown Court on February 10 and on Wednesday (March 2) was jailed for two years and 10 months on each count, to run concurrently.
He was also on licence following a previous conviction for robbery.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
Detective Sergeant Dan Cooper said: “This case formed part of Operation Icarus, which is tackling drug dealers who travel from London to deal drugs in Huntingdonshire.
“Dhere and others take over the premises of local vulnerable people, using violence if necessary, to supply class A drugs.
“We will continue to target drug dealers who try to operate in Huntingdonshire and this sentence should serve as a warning to others. They will be caught and put before the courts.”