Drug dealer jailed following tip off from the public
- Credit: Archant
Davis Rushbrook, 27, was seen by a member of the public parked in a recovery yard in Sawtry acting suspiciously at around midnight on March 31.
Theyalled the police who attended and stopped Rushbrook as he was leaving. On searching the vehicle they found 100s of purple rectangle bricks of ecstasy, plastic containers of cannabis and several clear bags containing class C substances.
Rushbrook, of Bedford Road, Hitchin, pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply class A, possession with intent to supply class B, possession of class A, possession of class B and two counts of possession of class C.
Today (June 25) at Peterborough Crown Court he was sentenced to two years in prison.
DC Laura Rainbird said: "Information from the public plays an extremely important role in our efforts to disrupt the drug supply in this county.
You may also want to watch:
"We're working hard to tackle the issue and bring dealers to justice and having Rushbrook behind bars is another step in the right direction."
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, report this to us by reporting online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report or calling 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor