Jail for drug dealer found with stash of cocaine and heroin in St Ives
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A drug dealer found driving around St Ives with stash of cocaine and heroin has been jailed.
Bruno Afonso, 27, of Gladstone Street, Peterborough was spotted by officers driving around the town in a black Renault Clio on October 8 last year (2019).
Officers from the St Ives neighbourhood team pulled Afonso over and found £300 in cash and two mobile phones in the car.
While transporting him to the station for a further search, Afonso admitted he had drugs hidden in his underwear and produced 44 wraps of crack cocaine and 27 wraps of heroin.
At Peterborough Crown Court yesterday November 9 he was sentenced to 30 months in prison after previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Steve Surtees said: “With their local knowledge our neighbourhood officers can spot when something isn’t quite right and in this case their instincts were right. “There is nowhere to hide in this county for drug dealers and those who seek to exploit the vulnerabilities of others.”
If you suspect drug activity in your area, report it to police online.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding