Drop in centre
TO make services more accessible, the Connexions young people s advice centre in St Benedict s Court in Huntingdon will become a drop in centre every afternoon from Monday to Friday. Connexions, run by Cambridgeshire County Council, trialled the drop-in s
TO make services more accessible, the Connexions young people's advice centre in St Benedict's Court in Huntingdon will become a drop in centre every afternoon from Monday to Friday.
Connexions, run by Cambridgeshire County Council, trialled the drop-in system over the summer.
Young people previously had to wait up to a week for an appointment to see a personal adviser and attendance levels were far better for afternoon appointments than those made for the morning.
The centre has already seen an increase in numbers of young people through the doors. Whereas in the past missed appointments meant wasted resources, the more flexible working system means staff can make more effective use of their time.
You may also want to watch:
Young people are still welcome to visit during the morning to carry out research or to sign on for Jobseekers' allowance.
INFORMATION : To find out more about Connexions call 01480 376800 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k