Drivers diverted due to blaze on guided busway
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning drivers to take alternative routes following a fire on the guided busway.
Officers are currently dealing with a crash near the level crossing in Station Road, Longstanton, and are warning drivers to avoid the area whilst they deal with the incident.
Fire crews were called at about 9.30am to a fire on the B1050 at the crossroads of Longstanton and Willingham.
Three crews from Cambridge, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from St Ives are currently at the scene of a fire involving a bus and a car.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Buses using the guided busway have been diverted and will be using other routes, so please expect delays."
You may also want to watch:
Bus operator Stagecoach also confirmed it was aware of the situation and was "dealing with it".
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge