Drivers diverted due to blaze on guided busway
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning drivers to take alternative routes following a fire on the guided busway.
Officers are currently dealing with a crash near the level crossing in Station Road, Longstanton, and are warning drivers to avoid the area whilst they deal with the incident.
Fire crews were called at about 9.30am to a fire on the B1050 at the crossroads of Longstanton and Willingham.
Three crews from Cambridge, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from St Ives are currently at the scene of a fire involving a bus and a car.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Buses using the guided busway have been diverted and will be using other routes, so please expect delays."
Bus operator Stagecoach also confirmed it was aware of the situation and was "dealing with it".
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?