Drivers diverted due to blaze on guided busway
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning drivers to take alternative routes following a fire on the guided busway.
Officers are currently dealing with a crash near the level crossing in Station Road, Longstanton, and are warning drivers to avoid the area whilst they deal with the incident.
Fire crews were called at about 9.30am to a fire on the B1050 at the crossroads of Longstanton and Willingham.
Three crews from Cambridge, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from St Ives are currently at the scene of a fire involving a bus and a car.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Buses using the guided busway have been diverted and will be using other routes, so please expect delays."
You may also want to watch:
Bus operator Stagecoach also confirmed it was aware of the situation and was "dealing with it".
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise