Driver who travelled wrong way up A1 at St Neots while four times the drink drive limit is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A DRINK driver who drove the wrong way up the A1 at St Neots has been jailed.
Sandeep Raj, of Margetts Road, Kempston, was four times the legal limit when he travelled north on the southbound carriageway at Eaton Socon on the morning of April 27.
Officers found a Volvo XC90 parked at the side of the road and Raj, 32, struggling to stand unaided nearby. He had an empty bottle of vodka in his pocket.
Raj admitted driving under the influence of alcohol and dangerous driving at a hearing in May, On Friday (July 12) at Peterborough Crown Court, he was jailed for nine months for drink driving, two months for dangerous driving to run concurrently and disqualified from driving for two years.
PC Mark Lappin said: “We will not tolerate drink driving and will prosecute anyone who gets behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
“This should serve as a warning that anyone who drives while drunk faces losing their licence.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash