Delays expected and drivers warned to avoid area after HGV overturns
- Credit: Twitter/BCH Road Policing Unit
Drivers have been warned to avoid an area around Huntingdon after a HGV overturned - trapping the driver.
Fire crews and police were called to the scene after reports that the lorry had overturned on the B1044.
The location is close to the Shell garage.
In a statement, Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 12.08pm today (August 11) with reports a HGV had overturned on the B1044 near the roundabout with the A141 in Huntingdon.
“No injuries have been reported, but the driver was trapped inside the vehicle. Fire crews attended to free him.
“The incident is causing increased congestion and motorists are advised to avoid the area.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan