Driver of lorry involved in A14 collision at Brampton Hut has died
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a fatal collision between two lorries at the Brampton Hut junction of the A14 and A1.
The collision was reported at 10.50am today (July 12) and happened at the slip road joining the A1 northbound.
Police said that the driver of one of the lorries, a man, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital but later died.
The other driver suffered injuries but they were not life threatening.
The A14 eastbound on the approach to Brampton Hut was closed, along with the slip road onto the A1 northbound, but traffic is now being allowed through Brampton Hut.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the collision should contact the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes