Driver cut free from car following collision at Leighton Bromswold
- Credit: Archant
A driver was cut free from the wreckage of their overturned car on Sunday following an accident on the A14.
The incident, involving a single car, occurred at about 6pm on the eastbound carriageway close to Leighton Bromswold.
Emergency services were called after the vehicle had landed in a ditch and overturned.
Crews from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service cut the driver from the wreckage after he became trapped.
According to a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police the motorist suffered non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service added that the driver, a man in his 20s, was later taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Following the accident a diversion route was put in place while emergency services cleared the scene.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer