Driver caught speeding at 109mph on the A1 with child on board
- Credit: Archant
A driver was caught speeding at 109mph with a child on board and only a six-hour insurance policy on the deserted A1 near Brampton Hut.
The motorist in a red Vauxhall Corsa was stopped by officers from the BCH Road Policing Unit on Tuesday morning (April 28).
The vehicle was clocked at a staggering 109mph on the A1M Brooklands southbound between Junction 14 and Brampton Hut.
Cambridgeshire Police tweeted: “ This driver was rushing home as they had only taken out a six-hour insurance policy.
“No excuse to travel at this speed, especially not with a child in the car.
You may also want to watch:
“Speeding remains one of the most common causes of injuries and deaths on our roads. Please drive responsibly.”
Meanwhile, later in the day on the A1 just before Buckden, a trailer with a load was also stopped by police after it was caught speeding.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The driver was under the influence of drugs and taken to custody for a blood test.