Drink driver caught after crashing car near Huntingdon
A DRINK driver was caught after he crashed his car into a ditch near Huntingdon.
Mingaugas Bagdonas, 31, was returning to his home in Greendale, Huntingdon, after meeting friends in Pidley where he had drunk a number of beers.
The ground maintenance worker for Huntingdonshire District Council lost control of his car while driving round a corner on Woodhurst Road, Old Hurst. His Vauxhall Vectra left the road, flipped in a ditch and rested on its side.
Cambridgeshire police received a call just after 10.30pm on August 26 after it was suspected that Bagdonas had been drinking.
Bogdanis, who has lived in England for eight years, was found to have 65 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 mililitres of breath - nearly double the drink drive limit.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted drink driving at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (September 13) and was disqualified from driving for 18 months, fined �300 and ordered to pay �85 court costs and �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester