Drink driver, 20, disqualified after being caught driving erratically near Huntingdon McDonald’s
A MAN seen driving erratically around Huntingdon as he picked up breakfast from McDonald’s was over the drink-drive limit.
Connor Meakin, 20, had been drinking beer on September 28 and had slept over at a woman’s house. Early the next morning he decided to head home to Ramsey Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, when he stopped at Towerfields in Huntingdon for breakfast.
Cambridgeshire police received reports of a Vauxhall Astra being driven erratically around the retail park and officers pulled over the Astra on the A141. The court heard that the officers said that when Meakin opened his door to get out, he was unsteady on his feet and his breath smelt of drink.
He was taken to Huntingdon police station at about 5am where tests showed he had 79 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath, more than double the legal limit.
Lorraine Adams, mitigating, said that Meakin had secured an apprenticeship with BT, but a result of the offence Meakin had lost the job.
You may also want to watch:
She said that Meakin also wanted to join the Navy, but it would not accept him because of the driving ban.
Meakin admitted drink-driving when he appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (October 18).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
He was disqualified from driving for 20 months, fined �115 and ordered to pay �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.