Dozens of homes in St Neots now without power as work is underway
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of homes and businesses in St Neots are now without electricity as engineers work to use restore power.
UK Power Networks, which is responsible for the region’s electrical infrastructure, said the fault was reported at about 12.30pm and that around 391 properties were affected earlier today (Friday).
Since the fault was identified that number has reduced to 86 properties.
A statement on its website said: “An underground electricity cable has faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.”
Power is likely to be restored by 5pm at the latest.
You may also want to watch:
Postcodes affected by the outage: PE18 2.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home