Down on the Farm calendar girls top �7,000 fundraising target
A GROUP of friends who bared all for charity have seen sales of their naked calendar exceed by 16 times their expected target.
The 11 women from Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk initially thought they would only sell 50 copies of their Down on the Farm calendar in aid of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.
But after starring in The Hunts Post’s New Year edition and Farmers’ Weekly, the group have sold 800 copies of their calendar and made more than �7,000.
The group, who have known each other since childhood and all come from farming backgrounds, were inspired to strip off to help muscular dystrophy sufferers such as Robert Elliott.
Nineteen-year-old Robert who lives in Sawtry, has lived with the condition since he was born.
You may also want to watch:
Sports school coach Alex, 20 of Thurning confirmed there was talk of another calendar in 2014. She said: “It has gone national, even international - we had one order from Switzerland. People have shown amazing generosity.
“We are thinking, because we have had such a good response of doing a calendar every few years. I want to do a rugby sevens tournament next summer and then do another calendar the year after.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
INFORMATION: The calendars cost �7 each (plus �2 P&P) and can be ordered by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.