Double road collision in Huntingdon and Little Raveley leaves 6 in hospital
A SEVEN-year-old girl was among six casualties taken to hospital after they were involved in two separate collisions within minutes of each other on Saturday.
Five people, including the seven-year-old, were hospitalised following a five-car collision on the A141 at Hartford roundabout in Huntingdon around midday.
All five casualties were taken to Peterborough City Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The girl suffered head pain but details of the other injuries are not known.
At the same time, ambulance crews were called to treat an 18-year-old woman who had been involved in a two-car collision on the road from Wennington to Little Raveley.
Firefighters from Ramsey and Huntingdon also attended the incident and used specialist cutting equipment to release the casualty from the car.
You may also want to watch:
She was then taken to hospital with neck injuries.
A spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service said: “There were quite a few road traffic collisions over the weekend, though not an unusually high number.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'