Double celebrations for parents as they welcome in the new year with babies
- Credit: Archant
Three Huntingdonshire families were given an extra special new year present with the delivery of their babies.
Jessica is the couple’s first child and the pair were over the moon to be able to give Sarah’s parents their first grandchild, who weighed 6lb 14oz.
“I had been induced a few days earlier but obviously it took a little while, we wasn’t expecting her on New Years Day,” said Sarah, “it was a good way to start 2016, we are so happy as it is our first baby.”
The St Ives pair chose Jessica because it was a name that they had both liked for sometime and came to the decision that Beatrice would be her middle name after it was considered classic.
Ben and Nicola Fox were shocked when they found out that they would be welcoming their first child 10 days earlier than they expected to.
You may also want to watch:
The Sawtry couple thought that they were going to have their baby on January 11 but after being induced days before Nicola underwent an emergency caesarean.
Sarah said: “It was a bit unexpected – we didn’t think that the he would come that early.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The new addition to their family, Isaac Peter David Fox was born at 9.01pm weighing 7lb 8oz.
“We are extremely over the moon, he is absolutely gorgeous, my mum and dad are so happy as Isaac is their first grandchild,” added Sarah.
Also born on New Years Day was Maxwell Daniel Woollard whose mum, Tammy Ward and dad, Daniel Woollard, from St Ives, were beaming with joy to welcome their son delivered at 5.03pm weighing 7lb 11oz.