Donald Trump makes flying visit to Stansted as he begins tour of UK
- Credit: Archant
US President Donald Trump made a swift exit from Stansted Airport after flying in this afternoon (Thursday) for the start of his UK tour.
Mr Trump landed at Stansted with his wife Melania on Air Force One at 1.50pm before flying onto London.
The couple were met by International Trade Secretary Liam Fox, the Lord Lieutenant of Essex Jenny Tolhurst, the chief operating officer at Stansted Airport Brad Miller, and Woody Johnson, the United States Ambassador to the UK.
President Trump left Air Force One and was ushered straight aboard a waiting helicopter with his wife as the media gallery watched on.
This evening the couple will attend a black-tie dinner at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Trump, who had previously been in Brussels at a Nato summit, will hold meetings with Prime Minister Theresa May and meet the Queen whilst in the UK.
The president and first lady are to meet the Queen on Friday afternoon.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
It is Mr Trump’s first visit to the UK since he won the presidential election in 2016 against Hilary Clinton.
Landing, Mr Trump was wearing a dark suit with a red and black striped tie while Mrs Trump was wearing a beige dress with a red belt and Christian Louboutin shoes.
You can watch a video of the president’s arrival by visiting the Dunmow Broadcast’s Facebook page.