Donald Trump arrives at Stansted Airport for state visit
- Credit: Archant
Air Force One touched down at Stansted Airport as US President Donald Trump arrived in the UK for a state visit today (Monday).
Mr Trump landed at Stansted with his wife, Melania, at about 9.15am before being whisked away to London aboard the helicopter, Marine One.
After leaving his plane, the president spoke with dignitaries, including the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Jeremy Hunt, on the runway, before heading over to his helicopter.
A sea of media were on hand to cover Mr Trump's arrival, including US press, and the president waved to reporters before being ushered aboard his helicopter.
Mr Trump is in the UK for a three-day visit, where he and the first lady will be guests of the Queen and attend a ceremony in Portsmouth to mark 75 years since the D-Day landings.
You may also want to watch:
He will also be in talks with the prime minister at Downing Street.
You can watch a video of the president's arrival by visiting the Saffron Walden Reporter's Facebook page.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor