Donald Trump arrives at Stansted Airport for state visit
- Credit: Archant
Air Force One touched down at Stansted Airport as US President Donald Trump arrived in the UK for a state visit today (Monday).
Mr Trump landed at Stansted with his wife, Melania, at about 9.15am before being whisked away to London aboard the helicopter, Marine One.
After leaving his plane, the president spoke with dignitaries, including the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Jeremy Hunt, on the runway, before heading over to his helicopter.
A sea of media were on hand to cover Mr Trump's arrival, including US press, and the president waved to reporters before being ushered aboard his helicopter.
Mr Trump is in the UK for a three-day visit, where he and the first lady will be guests of the Queen and attend a ceremony in Portsmouth to mark 75 years since the D-Day landings.
You may also want to watch:
He will also be in talks with the prime minister at Downing Street.
You can watch a video of the president's arrival by visiting the Saffron Walden Reporter's Facebook page.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford