Dogs rescued in St Neots flat blaze

Fire crews are still at the scene in York Road in Royston.

Fire crews are still at the scene in York Road in Royston. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters have rescued two dogs from a burning flat in St Neots.

The fire broke out in the kitchen at the property in Mallard Lane just before 7pm last night (November 8) and firefighters were able to make sure all the occupants were accounted for as well as rescuing the pets.

Two crews from St Neots were present, using breathing apparatus and hoses to tackle the blaze, which was caused accidentally, They returned to the fire station by 8.30pm.

Early this morning a crew from St Neots was called out to a car fire which had been started deliberately on Cromwell Road.

The incident happened at 6.15am and firefighters urged anyone with information about the incident to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter