Here is the moment fire crews rescue lucky pooch Ben from lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park
- Credit: Archant
A dog was rescued from a lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park after becoming stuck on a buoy in the water.
The pooch, a Labrador named Ben, was brought to safety by firefighters on Bank Holiday Monday (August 31) just before 10.30am.
Donning their in-water gear, the crew took out the sled to rescue Ben who was out in the middle of the lake.
In just a few minutes he was safely back on land, and happy to be reunited with his owner.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Ben was believed to be stuck on a buoy in the water.
You may also want to watch:
“In situations like this, it can be tempting to try and rescue pets yourself.
“But in the case the owner absolutely did the right thing, to call us straight away.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
“Never try to attempt a rescue yourself, you could end up getting into difficulty too.”