Here is the moment fire crews rescue lucky pooch Ben from lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park
- Credit: Archant
A dog was rescued from a lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park after becoming stuck on a buoy in the water.
The pooch, a Labrador named Ben, was brought to safety by firefighters on Bank Holiday Monday (August 31) just before 10.30am.
Donning their in-water gear, the crew took out the sled to rescue Ben who was out in the middle of the lake.
In just a few minutes he was safely back on land, and happy to be reunited with his owner.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Ben was believed to be stuck on a buoy in the water.
“In situations like this, it can be tempting to try and rescue pets yourself.
“But in the case the owner absolutely did the right thing, to call us straight away.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Buckden man gives his 100th blood donation
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“Never try to attempt a rescue yourself, you could end up getting into difficulty too.”