Here is the moment fire crews rescue lucky pooch Ben from lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park
- Credit: Archant
A dog was rescued from a lake at Hinchingbrooke Country Park after becoming stuck on a buoy in the water.
The pooch, a Labrador named Ben, was brought to safety by firefighters on Bank Holiday Monday (August 31) just before 10.30am.
Donning their in-water gear, the crew took out the sled to rescue Ben who was out in the middle of the lake.
In just a few minutes he was safely back on land, and happy to be reunited with his owner.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Ben was believed to be stuck on a buoy in the water.
You may also want to watch:
“In situations like this, it can be tempting to try and rescue pets yourself.
“But in the case the owner absolutely did the right thing, to call us straight away.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
“Never try to attempt a rescue yourself, you could end up getting into difficulty too.”