Dog owner looking for a helping paw for her four-legged friend
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers are being urged to lend a helping paw to find a walker for a much-loved pooch.
Carol Clark, 70, from Westbrook, Hilton, has owned the Border terrier Gem for 11 years but since Mrs Clark’s husband has been taken ill there is no one able to walk the family member.
“My husband always used to walk Gem everyday and feed her but since he has been taken into a care home she doesn’t get the walks she needs.”
Unfortunately Mrs Clark is unable to walk the dog as well due to ongoing illnesses which makes it difficult for her to leave the house.
“It is a shame because Gem doesn’t get a walk everyday and I really would be grateful if someone could help walk her,” said Mrs Clark.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of the charity, The Cinnamon Trust, that helps the elderly and terminally ill and their pets, Mrs Clark previously had help from others but due to changes in circumstances they are no longer available.
Sally Collins, from the trust, said: “We do not have enough local volunteers to be able to help Mrs Clark and others so we urgently need more volunteers to help.”
- 1 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 2 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 7 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
Mrs Clark needs a volunteer to help walk Gem on Monday and Friday but any other day would also be welcome.
INFO: To volunteer to go to www.cinnamon.org.uk.