Dog owner looking for a helping paw for her four-legged friend
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers are being urged to lend a helping paw to find a walker for a much-loved pooch.
Carol Clark, 70, from Westbrook, Hilton, has owned the Border terrier Gem for 11 years but since Mrs Clark’s husband has been taken ill there is no one able to walk the family member.
“My husband always used to walk Gem everyday and feed her but since he has been taken into a care home she doesn’t get the walks she needs.”
Unfortunately Mrs Clark is unable to walk the dog as well due to ongoing illnesses which makes it difficult for her to leave the house.
“It is a shame because Gem doesn’t get a walk everyday and I really would be grateful if someone could help walk her,” said Mrs Clark.
With the help of the charity, The Cinnamon Trust, that helps the elderly and terminally ill and their pets, Mrs Clark previously had help from others but due to changes in circumstances they are no longer available.
Sally Collins, from the trust, said: “We do not have enough local volunteers to be able to help Mrs Clark and others so we urgently need more volunteers to help.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
Mrs Clark needs a volunteer to help walk Gem on Monday and Friday but any other day would also be welcome.
INFO: To volunteer to go to www.cinnamon.org.uk.