Dog owner looking for a helping paw for her four-legged friend
- Credit: Archant
Dog lovers are being urged to lend a helping paw to find a walker for a much-loved pooch.
Carol Clark, 70, from Westbrook, Hilton, has owned the Border terrier Gem for 11 years but since Mrs Clark’s husband has been taken ill there is no one able to walk the family member.
“My husband always used to walk Gem everyday and feed her but since he has been taken into a care home she doesn’t get the walks she needs.”
Unfortunately Mrs Clark is unable to walk the dog as well due to ongoing illnesses which makes it difficult for her to leave the house.
“It is a shame because Gem doesn’t get a walk everyday and I really would be grateful if someone could help walk her,” said Mrs Clark.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of the charity, The Cinnamon Trust, that helps the elderly and terminally ill and their pets, Mrs Clark previously had help from others but due to changes in circumstances they are no longer available.
Sally Collins, from the trust, said: “We do not have enough local volunteers to be able to help Mrs Clark and others so we urgently need more volunteers to help.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Mrs Clark needs a volunteer to help walk Gem on Monday and Friday but any other day would also be welcome.
INFO: To volunteer to go to www.cinnamon.org.uk.