CCTV appeal following attempted burglary in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
‘I am urging anybody who has any information about this attempted burglary, to get in touch’ - Det Sgt Ashley Ryan.
Police are appealing for the public’s help in identifying three people they would like to speak to in connection with an attempted burglary in St Ives on October 5.
At about 10.30pm, a white Seat SUV pulled up outside St Ives News in Market Hill Street.
Two men got out of the car and began to damage the doors and windows of the shop in an attempt to gain entry.
Members of the public shouted for the men to stop, prompting them to leave in the SUV, which was being driven by a third person.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Ashley Ryan, of the force’s southern burglary team, said: “Burglary can have a devastating impact on victims, which is why tackling it is a priority for the force.
“I am urging anybody who recognises the vehicle pictured, or has any information about this attempted burglary, to get in touch.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Anyone with any information should contact us via our web-chat or call 101 and quote crime reference number 35/67898/20.