New year awards: Nominate someone you think makes a contribution to the community
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon charity shop has launched its own new year awards to recognise people who have made a contribution to the community.
Huntingdon Oxfam Books & Music has set up the Huntingdon People of the Year awards and will be offering prizes to the winners.
Geoffrey Stalker, manager of the book shop, in High Street, said: “There are a lot of amazing people in Huntingdon who make fantastic contributions to the community and we feel that they should be recognised.”
The first prize is a £50 Pizza Express voucher and Oxfam Books & Music is offering a £20 voucher to the runner-up.
A judging panel will be set up and include Mr Stalker and Huntingdon’s deputy mayor, Cllr Steve Mcadam.
You may also want to watch:
An event will be held in Huntingdon to award prizes to the winners.
To nominate someone for an award, just email: email@example.com. In no more than 200 words explain how the person you are nominating makes a contribution to the community and why they are worthy of a prize. You will also need to provide contact details for the person you are nominating. You can also pick up a nomination form from the shop at 101 High Street, Huntingdon. The deadline is January 23 and the winners will be announced in the following week’s Hunts Post.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder