Do you have a loud voice and love St Neots?
- Credit: Archant
Do you have a loud voice, love St Neots and have a good knowledge of the town?
St Neots is looking for a new town crier and auditions are being held in September.
Live auditions are being held on the Market Square on September 30 and those taking part will be assessed on their vocal projection by a panel of judges and the mayor of St Neots, Councillor Derek Giles.
“We are the largest market town in Cambridgeshire attracting many visitors every year and the town crier will play a key role in promoting our civic events and the town as a whole,” said St Neots civic officer Karen Polcutt.
“If you have a few hours spare each month, are passionate about our town and have a clear loud voice this could be just the role for you,” she added. The successful applicant will automatically become a member of the Ancient and Honourable Guild of Town Criers.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to apply, contact 01480 273467 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad