District council announces free parking in run up to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire District Council is hoping to give town centres a boost in the run up to Christmas by offering free parking during December in council-run car parks.
The authority confirmed today (Thursday) that, from December 1-22, parking will be free after 3pm, from Monday to Friday.
This special offer is valid in St Neots (including Waitrose), St Ives (including Waitrose) and Huntingdon. Parking is free in Ramsey.
The Market Square in St Neots is classed as an on-street facility so charging will remain there after 3pm. Parking is already free in the town centre car parks on Sundays.
Councillor Jim White, executive councillor for operations, said: “This has proved to be very successful over previous years, and we want shoppers and businesses to continue to benefit from free parking after 3pm leading up to Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that this offer will once again encourage residents to shop more locally and continue to support businesses in our district.”
Shoppers will not have to pay and display a ticket during the special offer period. Signs and stickers will be on display in car parks, and on the car parking machines explaining the times when the offer is valid.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip