Distraction thefts outside St Neots supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police want to trace two people in connection with distraction thefts outside Lidl in Cambridge Street.
The first happened on Friday, November 1, when a man was outside Lidl, in Cambridge Street, at about 1.55pm when someone said he had dropped some money.
Later on he discovered his bank card was missing and money had been withdrawn from his account.
Officers are linking this with another incident outside the same shop at about 10.30am on Friday, November 8, when a man was distracted while being offered help to pack his shopping.
When the man returned home, he received a call from his bank to say that somebody had attempted to withdraw cash from his account.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Karin Peters has released CCTV images of two people she would like to trace. She said: “I would appeal to anyone who recognises these people pictured to call police as we believe they have important information which could assist our investigation.”
The people are not suspects and could help with the investigation.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the thefts should contact DC Karin Peters on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111