Disruption for residents and schoolchildren as water pipe bursts in Huntingdon
Some homes have been left without water and a school may be forced to close early following a water leak in Huntingdon.
SOME homes have been left without water and a school may be forced to close early following a water leak in Huntingdon.
A water pipe burst outside Spring Common School in American Lane on Wednesday morning (July 21) resulting in large puddles forming outside the school gates.
A spokesman at the school said they may be forced to close the school a few hours early if the water supply is turned off.
She said: “We are yet to make a final decision and parents will be informed.”
You may also want to watch:
They had been reports that the leak had resulted in a number of homes in nearby California Road being left without water.
But a spokesman for Anglian Water said they had no intention of turning off the water supply to the school or nearby homes while repairs take place.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
He added that engineers had been sent to the site to fix the leak.
INFORMATION: Anyone who has been left without water as a result of the leak should phone Anglian Water on 08457 145145.