Disruption for residents and schoolchildren as water pipe bursts in Huntingdon
Some homes have been left without water and a school may be forced to close early following a water leak in Huntingdon.
SOME homes have been left without water and a school may be forced to close early following a water leak in Huntingdon.
A water pipe burst outside Spring Common School in American Lane on Wednesday morning (July 21) resulting in large puddles forming outside the school gates.
A spokesman at the school said they may be forced to close the school a few hours early if the water supply is turned off.
She said: “We are yet to make a final decision and parents will be informed.”
They had been reports that the leak had resulted in a number of homes in nearby California Road being left without water.
But a spokesman for Anglian Water said they had no intention of turning off the water supply to the school or nearby homes while repairs take place.
- 1 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 9 Plaque unveiled for Legion's new home
- 10 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
He added that engineers had been sent to the site to fix the leak.
INFORMATION: Anyone who has been left without water as a result of the leak should phone Anglian Water on 08457 145145.