Dining club launched to help children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A woman who admits she was bullied as a child is launching a new dining club to raise money for charity.
The Huntingdon Dining club is the brainchild of Annie Powell who has been a supporter of child protection charity, the NSPCC, for many years.
She said: “I was bullied as a child because of my stutter and so am passionate about preventing such emotional abuse for future generations.
“The services the NSPCC provides, such as ChildLine, are so vital to young people as so many youngsters now feel they have nowhere to turn and without the work of the NSPCC, the consequences can be devastating.
Four dining club meetings will be held at The George Hotel and Brasserie, in Buckden, throughout 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Annie added: “I enjoy meeting new people and dining so thought it would be nice to do this for a cause very close to my heart”.
The award winning Anne Furbank women’s wear store, also in Buckden, will provide two fashion shows, one showcasing the spring collections and one in the autumn.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
An annual fee of £30 is required to become a member of the club. The two-course lunch with fashion show or speaker is £25. The proceeds will help NSPCC services such as Childline which a child in the UK contacts every 25 seconds for help and support.
INFO: For more information on the Huntingdon Dining club, contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01480 453033.