Diamond Jubilee celebrations finalised for St Ives
ST IVES Town Council has announced a packed programme of events to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The celebrations kick off at Market Hill on Saturday, June 2, between 10am and 3pm where there will be a host of activities, including food tasting, face painting and live music. There will also be a fly-past by a Lancaster bomber from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
On Bridge Street visitors will be able to browse a range of charity stalls, listen to music and watch dance displays by St Ives schools and dance clubs.
Hill Rise Park will be the venue for Sunday’s celebrations where some of Huntingdonshire’s finest musicians will perform a concert. The free event will have a licensed bar, hog roast, curry stalls, ice-cream van and a bouncy castle.
You can also head over to Warner’s Park for the Big Lunch – which is being organised by Friends of Warner’s Park (further details e-mail email@example.com)
You may also want to watch:
Pinders All Human Circus will also be providing entertainment in the park from the Thursday until Sunday. All seats �8.
On Monday, June 4, St Ives Parish Church is the venue for the lighting of the church beacon on the roof at 10pm followed by a barbecue (further details e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01480 465334).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
St Ives Corn Exchange is the place to be on Tuesday, June 5, where the Queen’s parade in London will be televised on a big screen.
St Ives Town Council is eager to hear from people who can help with volunteering, sponsoring or taking part in the events.
INFORMATION: For details e-mail Annette.email@example.com or call 01480 388929.