Diamond couple PJ and Sylvia celebrate their big day
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots couple have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a special afternoon tea at The Hillings care home, in Eaton Socon.
PJ Johnstone, who is a resident at the care home, in Grenville Way, is married to Syliva who visits him every day.
They met when Sylvia was just 14 and went on to marry and have two
children, Teresa and Gerald. They have always lived in the town and PJ worked on the land for many years up until his retirement.
When Sylvia was not looking after the children she enjoyed photography.
You may also want to watch:
PJ moved into The Hillings residential home in August 2017, and the couple spend a lot of time sitting and reminiscing about their life together.
Deb Wiltshire, manager of The Hillings, said: “PJ and Sylvia are a lovely couple and we were delighted to help them celebrate such a momentous occasion. 60 years of happy marriage is a real blessing and it’s clear that they both greatly enjoy each other’s company.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
She added: “Everyone here at The Hillings extends our very warm wishes and congratulations to them both.”