Hinchingbrooke diabetes team wins second national award
- Credit: Archant
The diabetes team at Hinchingbrooke Hospital has won its second national award this year.
The team, which is part of North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, was highly commended in the 2018 Hypo Awareness Excellence category, which is part of the Quality in Care Diabetes awards programme.
Earlier this year, the team came second in the ‘Insulin Safety Week’ awards, beating more than 400 other entries. Insulin Safety Week aims to reduce insulin errors amongst healthcare professionals.
The talented team members are no strangers to achieving success; success in the Quality in Care programme is their fifth win since 2015.
Sue Sequenza, lead diabetes specialist nurse, said: “Our diabetes team always delivers 100 per cent during the awareness weeks. The team members feel very strongly about educating other healthcare professionals about hypoglycaemia and they work hard to put together interesting and interactive displays for staff to come and visit.
You may also want to watch:
“We are incredibly proud to have won the Hypo Awareness Award. The team are over the moon, especially after coming second in the Insulin Safety Awards earlier this year.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k