Developer unveils proposal to build dozens of new homes in village
- Credit: Archant
A developer is seeking planning permission to build more than 70 new homes on arable land in Warboys.
Gladman Developments Ltd has started a consultation with residents to build up to 75 homes on land west of Station Road.
Within a consultation document, sent to around 520 households and businesses in the village, Gladman said: “Warboys supports a range of services and facilities which are used by both residents of the village and those in the surrounding area.
“The site is well located with good access to existing community facilities and the local public transport network. The proposal will provide new homes to sustain the vitality and viability of the local community.”
As part of the plans for the nine-acre site, the developer has proposed that homes of varying sizes, types and tenures, will be designed to reflect the character of Warboys.
You may also want to watch:
It has also stated that 40 per cent of the homes will be affordable housing and the site will include new publicly accessible green space, tree planting and recreational paths.
If the developer is given the go-ahead, the development would be situated next the site of 120 homes which were given planning permission in 2013 between Old Mill Avenue and Station Road, a development which is currently being built.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Once the consultation closes the company will use to the feedback given to “help shape final proposals”. It is expected that the developer will submit an application to Hutingdonshire District Council in the coming months.
What to do you think to the proposed development to build another 75 homes in Warboys? Have your say e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.