Developer unveils plan for more than 100 new homes in village
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been submitted for a development of 150 new homes on land in Brampton.
National housebuilder, Bellway has applied to Huntingdonshire District Council to build a series of one to five-bedroom properties on a site north west of Dorling Way.
The council, which gave outline consent for development of the land in September last year, is now considering the firm’s detailed plans.
The firm said the move would put around £2 million in to facilities and services in the area through the financial contribution it was required to make to the community as a condition of the development if the scheme went ahead.
Chris Edginton, marketing director for Bellway’s northern home counties division, said the development would bring much-needed new homes to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are pleased to have submitted our plans for the development in Brampton which we are confident will provide the right types of homes to suit the well-documented demand in the area,” he said.
“Brampton is a fantastic village location and it was paramount that we made sure the homes we plan to build here would sit well within their surroundings and add to the character of the area.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Mr Edginton said: “We have also made sure that the development would provide a range of different homes which would be suitable for everyone from first-time buyers to families and downsizers.
“There is a great need for new homes in Cambridgeshire and this is a great opportunity to develop a site which has already been earmarked for new homes.”
He added: “We are working closely with the council on the detail of our plans and hope we can create a high quality development which will be a positive for Brampton for many years to come.”
The Brampton scheme is the latest development site proposal in Cambridgeshire for which Bellway is seeking planning permission.
It has already submitted plans to South Cambridgeshire District Council to build 50 new homes in Cottenham.
Further information about developments in the region being built by Bellway is available from www.bellway.co.uk.