Designer hoping for a slice - or two- of luck in sandwich competition
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots designer has joined the battle to be crowned Sandwich Designer of the Year 2016.
Lucy Shepherd, who works at packaging manufacturer Coveris, based in Howard Road, Eaton Socon, has made it through to the semi-final stage of a national sandwich competition.
The final of the contest takes place in May during British Sandwich Week.
Lucy said: “I love cooking and experimenting with tastes and flavours. A sandwich is the perfect vehicle for creating exciting recipes, which can be made into a quick lunch or gourmet meal on the go. It’s exciting to be able to get a bite of the action testing my recipes with a panel of top judges.”
British Sandwich and Food to Go Association director, Jim Winship, added: “The South East semi-final is a true mirror on the industry.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s fascinating to see how the styles differ so greatly and how the interpretation of a great British classic varies.”
Lucy is currently testing out her combinations on work colleagues.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer