Delivery driver pulled from his cab and assaulted as two men ‘attempt to steal van’
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after two men assaulted a delivery driver and attempted to steal his van in Bluntisham.
The incident is said to have taken place at about 3.45pm on October 23, with the driver of a delivery van assaulted by two men as he was dropping off a parcel at a property in St Mary’s Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The men pulled the driver from his cab and attempted to drive the van away, but abandoned it after reversing into another vehicle and getting stuck in bushes.
“They then fled the scene, possibly in a red car, leaving the delivery driver injured.”
The driver’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said officers had carried out house-to-house enquiries at neighbouring properties, and the investigation into the incident was “continuing”.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash