Delays on A14 after vehicle overturns and flips off the road near St Ives
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered minor injuries when his car flipped onto its roof and left the A14 this afternoon (Friday).
Emergency services were called to the eastbound carriageway near Fen Drayton at about 2.10pm after the car overturned and left the road.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was able to get out of the car and walked tot he nearest services.
He added the man was treated for injuries to his wrist and shock, before he was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
One lane of the carriageway was closed for about 90 minutes to help recovery of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Tailbacks stretched as far as Godmanchester on the eastbound carriageway and the M11 on the westbound carriageway.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?