Delays after A14 crash at Fenstanton
- Credit: Archant
A lorry collided with the central reservation of the A14 on Monday (September 23), causing severe delays for motorists.
The accident happened at Fenstanton just before noon and led to lane closures in both directions.
The eastbound carriageway at Fenstanton and the outside lane of the westbound carriageway had to be closed.
Traffic backed up through the village as drivers were diverted off the A14.
Both carriageways were reopened at around 4.30pm but traffic continues to be slow due to a collision between a car and a lorry at 4.10pm, a broken down lorry at Spittals Interchange and the impact of rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Laborne, of Simmer Piece, Fenstanton, who has lived in the village since 1969, said it had been traffic chaos. He added: “This cannot go on. It must cost this country a fortune.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder