Deadline looms for Hunts green awards
THIS week is your last chance to show Huntingdonshire your green credentials by entering the Green Heart Community Awards.
The deadline for entries is this Friday (April 15), so there is still time to ensure you’re in the mix for one of six awards that celebrate the achievement of environmental projects across the district.
Organised by Huntingdonshire District Council with support from The Hunts Post, the 2011 awards include Best Environmental Project.
To be in with a chance of winning this award you will need to be able to demonstrate the impact your project has had on the local environment.
Projects can range from the collection of materials for recycling, community gardens or orchards and promoting and encouraging wildlife, through to the introduction of ponds, wild flower lawns and meadows and school wildlife areas, or the production of environmental leaflets or handbooks.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for HDC said: “From energy projects and waste and recycling schemes to sustainable growing schemes and environmental awareness raising events, to getting ideas off the ground, there are people out there who are making a difference. We want to find out about what has motivated the people of Huntingdonshire to take environmental action, what has been helpful to make their projects successful and what challenges they have faced and overcome along the way.”
The other categories in the Green Heart Community Awards include:
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
nBest Environmental School
nYoung Green Achiever of the Year
nBest Sustainable Refurbishment Project
nEnvironmental Business of the Year
nGreen Volunteer of the Year
INFORMATION: Visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk for more details and to download your free entry pack. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in the summer.