Date set for re-opening of historic coaching inn
- Credit: Archant
An historic hotel and pub in St Ives is just weeks away from re-opening following a £500,000 refurbishment.
The Golden Lion, based in Market Hill, is set to reopen on July 14 following a five-week refurbishment project.
Dating back nearly 300 years, the venue, which was acquired last year by the Coaching Inn Group, was closed as it underwent a full bar and restaurant refurbishment.
When re-opened, the hotel will be introducing the company’s new eatery and coffee house concept, including a new all-day menu with a focus on afternoon teas, cocktails and coffee, alongside a number of signature regional dishes and sharers.
According to the Coaching Inn Group, an additional 30 staff members, including a new general manager, John Treacy, have been appointed following the overhaul.
Mr Treacy said: “The aim of the refurbishment was to give the historic coaching inn a new lease of life, whilst maintaining its character and appeal to the local community and visitors to St Ives.
“We’re delighted with the results and can’t wait to show off our fresh new look and introduce our new Eatery and Coffee House to our regular and new customers alike.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“The hotel has had a great reputation over the last ten years and we hope to build on that and continue to be known as the go-to-place in St Ives for family-friendly, relaxed all-day dining.”