Date set for re-opening of historic coaching inn
- Credit: Archant
An historic hotel and pub in St Ives is just weeks away from re-opening following a £500,000 refurbishment.
The Golden Lion, based in Market Hill, is set to reopen on July 14 following a five-week refurbishment project.
Dating back nearly 300 years, the venue, which was acquired last year by the Coaching Inn Group, was closed as it underwent a full bar and restaurant refurbishment.
When re-opened, the hotel will be introducing the company’s new eatery and coffee house concept, including a new all-day menu with a focus on afternoon teas, cocktails and coffee, alongside a number of signature regional dishes and sharers.
According to the Coaching Inn Group, an additional 30 staff members, including a new general manager, John Treacy, have been appointed following the overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Treacy said: “The aim of the refurbishment was to give the historic coaching inn a new lease of life, whilst maintaining its character and appeal to the local community and visitors to St Ives.
“We’re delighted with the results and can’t wait to show off our fresh new look and introduce our new Eatery and Coffee House to our regular and new customers alike.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
“The hotel has had a great reputation over the last ten years and we hope to build on that and continue to be known as the go-to-place in St Ives for family-friendly, relaxed all-day dining.”