Date is set for return of Huntingdon’s Riverside Gala
- Credit: Archant
The date has been set for this summer’s Huntingdon Riverside Gala which showcases local charities and organisations.
It will take place at the town’s Riverside Park on June 9.
Local businessman Malcolm Lyons, who has been involved with the annual event for many years, is organising the show and said there would be appearances by Superman and Elsa from Frozen.
He is looking for volunteers to help organise the gala as well as play a part running it on the day.
Mr Lyons said a number of attractions had already been signed up for the gala and talks were taking place with others.
This year there will be an acoustic music stage, arena displays and both charity and commercial stands.
Mr Lyons said: “I want to keep it non-profit making, it is an event for the community.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
“Each year we keep a little of the money back to pay for the following year’s event which costs about £2,000 to put on.”
Mr Lyons said: “If there is any left over I want to give it to local groups.”
Anyone who would like to get involved can contact Mr Lyons on 07850 812036 or email@example.com .