Date is set for return of Huntingdon’s Riverside Gala
- Credit: Archant
The date has been set for this summer’s Huntingdon Riverside Gala which showcases local charities and organisations.
It will take place at the town’s Riverside Park on June 9.
Local businessman Malcolm Lyons, who has been involved with the annual event for many years, is organising the show and said there would be appearances by Superman and Elsa from Frozen.
He is looking for volunteers to help organise the gala as well as play a part running it on the day.
Mr Lyons said a number of attractions had already been signed up for the gala and talks were taking place with others.
You may also want to watch:
This year there will be an acoustic music stage, arena displays and both charity and commercial stands.
Mr Lyons said: “I want to keep it non-profit making, it is an event for the community.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
“Each year we keep a little of the money back to pay for the following year’s event which costs about £2,000 to put on.”
Mr Lyons said: “If there is any left over I want to give it to local groups.”
Anyone who would like to get involved can contact Mr Lyons on 07850 812036 or firstname.lastname@example.org .