Date change for Huntingdon’s annual Pancake Day flipathon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon is breaking tradition with its annual Pancake Day flipathon this year by holding it on a Thursday instead of Shrove Tuesday.
The change is taking place because Shrove Tuesday falls during the half-term week and a move to Thursday, February 8, means more schoolchildren will be able to take part.
Entrants are being sought for the event which takes place in Market Hill and is no longer a race, with participants being judged for style, rather than speed.
It includes the Chain Gang flipathon, featuring mayors from local towns, and the return of a team of guide dog puppies and their trainers.
The event involves laps of the market square and is open to all-comers, including teams of four for the retail relay.
You may also want to watch:
Winners will receive medals and there will be a small chocolate egg for everyone who takes part.
To take part contact Hayley Burns at the town hall on 01480 410380 or at email@example.com and entries have to be in by February 2.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed