Darts champion on hand to help raise funds at St Ives event
- Credit: Archant
A darts night held in memory of a man who died of a heart condition has raised hundreds of pounds for charity, with a little help from a famous face.
Dave Castle died on June 17, 2007, and, 10 years on, his sister, Michelle, organised an event to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research UK.
The special guest on the night was three-time BDO World Champion Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams, who showed off his title-winning skills at the Ivy Leaf Club, in St Ives.
“Martin played about 16 sets on the night and he really enjoyed himself. After the night he thanked me for asking him and said he was pleased to do it,” Michelle said.
“I wanted to do the night in memory of my brother and, if it helps one family not go through what we have gone through, then it helps.”
You may also want to watch:
In total the event raised £635 which has been split between the two charities.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'