Daring trio take on head shave at St Ives care home
- Credit: Archant
The fundraisers from Field Lodge care home, in St Ives were at the mercy of Huntingdonshire Regional College during a charity head shave.
Home manager Lisa Houghton, who completed the challenge, said: “Everyone at Field Lodge got behind us and their encouragement made a real difference.
“On a personal, I’m also hoping our actions send out a clear message that we are all more than just a hairstyle and indeed, some people face far greater challenges than voluntarily having their head shaved.”
Lisa was joined by activities coordinator Sam Shepherd and 90-year-old resident Sidney Harcus.
“Sam and I were absolutely thrilled when Sidney decided he also wanted to join us and have his head shaved for such a fantastic cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Through donations the trio are well on their way to reaching their £1,000 target for the UK’s largest breast cancer charity.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k