Drug dealer sentenced following traffic stop in Alconbury
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer was caught with more than £1,000 in cash and £9,000 of cannabis – after being pulled over for speeding.
Daniel Wilson, 28, was driving his silver MG ZT along the A1 at Alconbury on the evening of 10 July, 2017, when he was stopped by officers from the force's road policing unit.
Wilson handed officers a small bag of cannabis from his pocket but a further five ounces of the drug, £530 in cash and a burner mobile phone were found in his car.
He was arrested and, following a search of his home, police discovered more cannabis, drugs paraphernalia and £620 in cash. In total, more than 900g of cannabis was seized from his car and house, estimated to have a street value of more than £9,000.
Wilson, of Linnet, Orton Wistow, Peterborough, was sentenced to 18 months' imprisonment, suspended for two years, at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday (13 May) after pleading guilty to possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
DC Neil Gibbs said: "His driving brought him to our attention and as a result we were able to keep a substantial amount of drugs off our streets."
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight