Pupils get a taste of success as Michelin star chef visits
- Credit: Archant
Students at St Ivo school were visited by a Michelin star chef in a bid to encourage children to get into catering.
The school welcomed Daniel Clifford from Midsummer House, in Cambridge, to the school last Wednesday (October 10).
He spoke to Year 11, 12 and 13 food and nutrition students about the catering industry, food science and, of course, his award-winning restaurant.
Students were given the opportunity to take part in a question and answer session along with a demonstration by Mr Clifford of how to poach the perfect egg and the science behind it.
The chef also talked about supporting local food businesses, using seasonal produce and what it takes to gain to Michelin stars.
You may also want to watch:
Midsummer House is the only restaurant in East Anglia to hold the prestigious 2 stars.
Pupils have been given the chance to go and work alongside the Midsummer House team to develop their skills in the kitchen.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity